1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Working with the Leger team, an interviewer is an on-call employee whose main duty is to complete telephone interviews on a variety of themes according to Leger’s projects. An interviewer may also be called upon to conduct face-to-face interviews at various geographical locations within the scope of specific projects.
- DEC or post-secondary education
- Bilingualism: reading & conducting a conversation in French & English (essential).
- Availability: required to work a minimum of 15 hours + per week, including one full weekend out of two.
- Flexibility: open to the possibility of working days, evenings and/or weekends.
- Experience: call centre or customer service experience an asset.
- Reaching individuals selected from a pre-established sample by phone
- Contacting a person over the phone
- Convincing the greatest number of pre-selected individuals to complete the survey
- Verbatim reading of the wording of pre-established questions and the response choices displayed on screen
- Computer data entry of responses provided by respondents
- Entering textual information of open-ended questions accurately and paying special attention to spelling and syntax to support accurate coding of responses
4. SKILL SET
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (French and English)
- Information technology: minimally comfortable with computers (typing speed & keyboard accuracy)
- Dynamic and comfortable with the public
5. PERSONAL QUALITIES
- A smile in his or her voice
- Positive attitude
- Excellent listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Meticulous and reliable