- Where? Toronto
- When? Immediately
- Permanent / full-time position
Leger is the largest Canadian-owned market research and analytics company, with over 600 employees in Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto, Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnipeg and Calgary in Canada as well as Philadelphia in the United States.
Being at the forefront of our industry, working for Leger means working on ambitious and compelling projects, integrating a team of passionate people who are invested in their work, it is evolving in a stimulating and convivial environment. To join the Leger team is to have at heart the values of quality, innovation, collaboration and commitment. Ready to take on the challenge?
The Business Development Manager is responsible for driving sales campaigns, contacting companies and potential customers to introduce Leger Metrics and Leger products and services to develop business opportunities and setting-up meetings. The position calls for an entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a dynamic, fast paced environment and that has a drive to succeed each and every day.
The main responsibilities for the Business Development Manager will be cold calling and qualifying leads by identifying decision makers, assessing prospect/customer needs, identifying opportunities, understanding technological environments, mapping out organizations and most of all overcoming objections.
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients (10-15/day)
- Understanding client needs and securing meetings for Sales team
- Researching potential leads, companies, decision makers, from business directories, web searches, or digital resources
- Qualifying leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references, tradeshows, etc.
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients
- Presenting and delivering information to potential clients
- Answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions
- Working with sales team to continually refine the story and USP
- Tracking weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and sales metrics
- Building pipelines with team members to close sales
- Maintaining database (Salesforce, CRM, Excel, etc.) of prospective client information
- University degree or college diploma in Business Administration or related area of study would be a strong asset, but not required
- 2+ years of Software as a Service (SaaS), technology based solution or professional services selling sales experience
- Skilled phone prospector to call on medium and large corporations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers
- Excellent negotiating and closing skills with customers
- Persuasive, goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Eager to expand company with new sales
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude when reaching next potential client
- Proven ability to manage complex sales cycle, with a track record of successful objectives attainment
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and CRM/Salesforce experience preferred
- Ability to learn technological solutions quickly and how it can help solve client issues
- Team player; ability to collaborate with other team members (sales and research)
Why work at Leger?
Dynamic, technological marketing agency/ Forerunner in its field / Our incredible team / Stimulating projects / Big brand clients / A flat corporate structure/ Learning opportunities / Friendly environment/ Office in the heart of Toronto / Employer contribution to a pension plan /Easy access by public transport / Active social commitee
If you want to be part of a great team and you think you are the motivated and ambitious person we are looking for, contact us!
*We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Leger is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Leger is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If you want to be part of a dynamic team and you think you are the motivated and ambitious person we are looking for, fill out and send us the form below!