- Permanent full-time position
- Work from home
- Competitive salary in the industry
WHO WE ARE
At Leger, we know Canadians. With over 30 years of experience, we are THE most accurate market research firm in Canada. Joining our company means joining a team of 600 passionate people who are committed to their work. We are the largest Canadian-owned market research and analytics company, with 8 offices across Canada and the United States.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING WITH US
We are the benchmark in our industry, and we offer important strategic advice to our clients. We distinguish ourselves through our company culture, our transparent management, our dynamic attitude and our flat company structure. Our team is the basis of our success and as they say, birds of a feather flock together. If you want to join us and make a difference, our team is waiting for you!
YOUR ROLE AS A DATA SCIENTIST
- Provide effective, relevant and innovative insights to our clients through data modelling
- Advise our internal & external clients on the data and models to use to meet their business needs
- Use your skills in big data mining and modelling i.e., machine learning algorithms, advanced statistical analyses, etc.
- Share your knowledge and expertise with your coworkers
Joining our team as a data scientist means taking the values of quality, customer service, innovation, collaboration and commitment to heart. It means being passionate about data, various statistical analyses and storytelling. It also means sharing your knowledge, providing advice and contributing to the growth of the team. Above all, it means growing and evolving in a stimulating and friendly environment.
- Data mining and modelling from various sources (survey data, CRM, operational data, etc.)
- Perform advanced statistical analysis: segmentation, MaxDiff, conjoint analysis, factor analysis, TURF, etc. and apply the various techniques to the market research industry
- Develop predictive models, classification models, marketing attribution models, etc.
- Process structured and unstructured data (social media, videos, etc.)
- Propose and develop effective business intelligence solutions aligned with client needs (internal & external)
- Develop marketable tools such as simulators, dashboards and predictive models
- Advise research teams on service proposals, deliverables, which models and analyses to use, which data to use, interpretation of results, etc.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, engineering, physics, statistics, applied mathematics or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of programming languages with emphasis on machine learning and advanced analytics techniques (R and Python)
- Practical experience in SQL and database coding
- Fluency in French and English is essential
- At least 2 years of experience in business intelligence and data modelling
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and data mining
- Practical experience with large databases
- Collaborative spirit and ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to clients and coworkers
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the capacity to identify the causes of problems and provide recommendations quickly
- Experience in market research and marketing
- Rigorous and accurate data processing with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Paid vacation
- Group insurance
- Employee Recognition Program
- Leger University, training, mentorship, and continuing education
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Profit-Sharing Program (PSP)
- Pension plan
- Flex Program: Hybrid Work Model
- Overall health allowance
- and more!
THE PERKS OF WORKING WITH US
At Leger, our people are at the heart of our success. Being part of our team means:
- Working in a friendly, respectful, and positive environment. Happiness at work is one of our top priorities!
- Enjoying flexible benefits and other perks that foster a culture of well-being.
- Developing your skills and thriving professionally with our learning and mentorship opportunities.
- Multiple opportunities for long-term growth. More than one-third of our permanent employees have been with Leger for at least 10 years.
- Making new friends and connections across Canada and the United States.
- and much more!
If you want to be part of a great team and you think you are the motivated, talented and ambitious person we are looking for, submit your application!
*We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Leger is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Leger is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.