Are you looking for a job that allows you to work from the comfort of your home? Join our great team of phone interviewers and work on a variety of interesting projects!
This is a work from home position (based in the province of Quebec), and you must have your own equipment. We provide online training for this position, and ample support is provided by our friendly and helpful supervisors.
Working with the Leger team, a remote phone interviewer is an employee whose main duty is to complete telephone interviews about a variety of topics for Leger’s projects.
- Flexibility: Evenings and every other weekend (minimum of 15 hours per week), with the possibility to work up to 40 hours per week.
- Experience: Call centre or customer service experience is an asset.
- Setting: Have a dedicated space in your home where you can conduct surveys without background interference.
- Equipment: Cell phone/earphones/buds with a built-in microphone, computer (Windows 10 preferred), internet speed of at least 5 megabits per second.
- Reaching individuals selected from a pre-established sample by phone.
- Convincing the greatest number of pre-selected individuals to complete the survey.
- Verbatim reading of the wording of pre-established questions and the response choices displayed on screen.
- Recording responses provided by respondents into the database using your computer.
- Typing respondents’ answers to open-ended questions accurately and paying special attention to spelling and grammar to support accurate coding of responses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual (Must speak French, English is an asset)
- Comfortable using a computer
- Personable and comfortable dealing with the public
Adaptable – Courteous – Patient – Positive attitude – Excellent listening skills
Attention to detail – Persuasive – Excellent interpersonal skills – Meticulous and reliable
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT THE INTERVIEWER JOB POSTING AT LEGER
1. What is the starting hourly wage for a telephone interviewer at Leger?
The starting hourly wage is higher than the minimum wage and is very competitive in the market. It will be communicated to you during your job interview, if you are selected for an interview.
2. Do I have to live in Montreal to work for Leger?
Leger is recruiting for its virtual call centre. If you live in the province of Quebec and meet the other requirements for this position, you are eligible to apply.
3. How many hours per week do I need to work?
- We ask for a minimum of 15 hours per week, but you may be able to work full-time, up to 40 hours per week.
- We ask everyone to work at least every other weekend (this is included in the minimum 15 hours per week).
- We offer a wide selection of shifts. It is possible to work during the day, in the evening and on weekends. We will inform you of the different possibilities during your job interview.
4. Is bilingualism mandatory?
You must speak French, English is an asset.
5. Is the equipment provided?
No, it is not. You must have your own equipment (cell phone/headphones/earphones with a built-in microphone, computer (Windows 10 preferred), internet speed of at least 5 megabits per second).
6. When will I be contacted?
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you want to be part of a dynamic team and you think you are the motivated and ambitious person we are looking for, fill out and send us the form below!