- Permanent full-time position
- Flexible work model
- Competitive salary in the industry
WHO WE ARE
At Leger, we know Canadians. With over 30 years of experience, we are THE most accurate market research firm in Canada. Joining our company means joining a team of 600 passionate people who are committed to their work. We are the largest Canadian-owned market research and analytics company, with 8 offices across Canada and the United States.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING WITH US
We are the benchmark in our industry, and we offer important strategic advice to our clients. We distinguish ourselves through our company culture, our transparent management, our dynamic attitude and our flat company structure. Our team is the basis of our success and as they say, birds of a feather flock together. If you want to join us and make a difference, our team is waiting for you!
YOUR ROLE AS A RESEARCH DIRECTOR
- Bring your curiosity, your analytical mind, your positive attitude and your desire to learn
- Work with team members to identify and capitalize on business opportunities
- Lead by example and foster an environment favourable to teamwork and collaboration
- Share your skills, knowledge and expertise with colleagues
- Understand client needs and the objectives of research projects
- Continue to develop your strong project management skills
- Interpret data, provide insights and translate research findings into strategic conclusions
- Use your creativity and your superior writing skills to create visually appealing reports
- Provide expert advice to our prestigious clients and help them succeed
- Become a key member of our team
- Work on challenging and impactful projects
- Thrive and grow in a stimulating and friendly environment
Joining our team as a research director means taking the values of quality, customer service, innovation, collaboration and commitment to heart. It means being interested in and passionate about public opinion and market research. The ideal candidate wants to share their knowledge with others, thrive professionally and further develop their skills while working on important large-scale projects.
- Client relations, project management and consulting services
- Participate in business development by identifying business opportunities in collaboration with the VP
- Produce service proposals and present them to create opportunities for discussion
- Maintain and expand the scope of client mandates by identifying business opportunities and capitalizing on them in collaboration with the VP
- Inform clients about Leger’s products and services and share new market trends
- Have a thorough understanding of clients’ needs, expectations and requirements
- Establish and maintain a relationship of trust with clients by demonstrating your expertise, knowledge and understanding of their industry
- Manage research projects, develop and validate measurement tools, make strategic recommendations, write reports, present research results and provide expert advice to clients
- Recommend or integrate research methods or tools that use the company’s key services: Leger Analytics, Leger Opinion, etc.
- Ensure quality assurance as part of the project plan while respecting timelines
- Provide adequate support to and monitor the work done by research analysts
- Foster a dynamic work environment through enthusiastic and open communications
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- University degree (Master’s level preferred)
- 5+ years as a primary client contact/project lead for supplier-side research, with a strong emphasis on quantitative research
- Experience in leading client meetings, research/methodology design, sampling, questionnaire design, data analysis and reporting
- 7+ years in the market research industry
- Strong understanding of questionnaire design, complex skip logic, data variables/data structures, and data sets
- Familiarity with various advanced analytics techniques (e.g., Key Driver Analyses) – knowledge of different techniques, when/where they are applied, and how they are used in market research studies
- Proficient with SPSS and Q
- Excellent proficiency with both Microsoft and Google products.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques: segmentation, MaxDiff, factor analysis, multiple regression, conjoint analysis, etc.
- Advanced skills in writing strategic reports and presentations
- Proven expertise in project management
- Familiarity with Qualtrics (an asset)
- CAIP designation (an asset)
- Experience in the financial sector of market research (an asset)
- A well-developed sense of analytical thinking and an ability to summarize
- Detail-orientated, organized and quality-driven person
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Team player: ability to collaborate with other team members
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong client presentation skills
- Paid vacation when employment starts*
- Possible to work from outside the country*
- Offices closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Group insurance
- Employee Recognition Program
- Leger University, training, mentorship, and continuing education
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Profit-Sharing Program (PSP)
- Pension plan
- Flex Program: Hybrid Work Model
- Global health allowance
- and more!
*Certain conditions apply
THE PERKS OF WORKING WITH US
At Leger, our people are at the heart of our success. Being part of our team means:
- Working in a friendly, respectful, and positive environment. Happiness at work is one of our top priorities!
- Enjoying flexible benefits and other perks that foster a culture of well-being.
- Developing your skills and thriving professionally with our learning and mentorship opportunities.
- Multiple opportunities for long-term growth. More than one-third of our permanent employees have been with Leger for at least 10 years.
- Making new friends and connections across Canada and the United States.
- and much more!
If you want to be part of a great team and you think you are the motivated, talented and ambitious person we are looking for, submit your application!
*We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Leger is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Leger is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.