- Where? Calgary
- When? Immediately
- Permanent full-time position
WHO WE ARE
At Leger, we know Canadians. With over 30 years of experience, we are THE most accurate market research firm in Canada. Joining our company means joining a team of 600 passionate people who are committed to their work. We are the largest Canadian-owned marketing research and analytics firm, with 8 offices across Canada and the United States.
Beyond being the benchmark in our industry and offering important strategic advice to our clients, we distinguish ourselves through our company culture, our transparent management, our dynamic attitude and our flat company structure. Our team is the basis of our success and as they say, birds of a feather flock together. If you want to join us and make a difference, our team is waiting for you!
YOUR ROLE AS A RESEARCH DIRECTOR
- Bring your curiosity, your analytical mind, your positive attitude and your desire to learn
- Work with team members to identify and capitalize on business opportunities
- Lead by example and foster an environment favourable to teamwork and collaboration
- Share your skills, knowledge and expertise with colleagues
- Understand client needs and the objectives of research projects
- Continue to develop your strong project management skills
- Interpret data, provide insights and translate research findings into strategic conclusions
- Use your creativity and your superior writing skills to create visually appealing reports
- Provide expert advice to our prestigious clients and help them succeed
- Become a key member of our team
- Work on challenging and impactful projects
- Thrive and grow in a stimulating and friendly environment
Joining our team as a research director means taking the values of quality, customer service, innovation, collaboration and commitment to heart. It means being passionate about market research, wanting to share your knowledge with others and working on important large-scale projects.
- Responsible for client relations, project management and consulting services
- Participate in business development by identifying business opportunities in collaboration with the VP
- Produce service proposals and present them to create opportunities for discussion
- Maintain and expand the scope of client mandates by identifying business opportunities and capitalizing on them in collaboration with the VP
- Inform clients about Leger’s products and services and share new market trends
- Have a thorough understanding of clients’ needs, expectations and requirements
- Establish and maintain a relationship of trust with clients by demonstrating knowledge, understanding and expertise of their industry
- Manage research projects, develop and validate measurement tools, make strategic recommendations, write reports, present research results and provide expert advice to clients
- Recommend or integrate research methods or tools that use the company’s key services: Leger Analytics, Leger MetriCX, Leger Opinion
- Ensure quality assurance as part of the project plan while respecting timelines
- Moderate focus groups
- Provide adequate support to and monitor the work done by research analysts
- Foster a dynamic work environment through enthusiastic and open communications
- University diploma (Master’s level preferred)
- At least 5 years of experience in the market research or strategic consulting industry as an analyst or strategic market research professional
- Advanced skills in writing strategic reports and presentations
- Proven expertise in project management
- Detail-orientated, organized and quality-driven person
- Proficient with computer tools: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook), SPSS/Stat XP, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques: segmentation, MaxDiff, factor analysis, multiple regression, conjoint analysis, etc.
- A well-developed sense of analytical thinking and an ability to summarize
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Team player; ability to collaborate with other team members
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong client presentation skills
STILL NOT CONVINCED?
Leger is not only a reference in the market research industry…being a part of our team also means:
- Working in a friendly, respectful and happy environment…happiness at work is one of our top priorities!
- New projects all year long…it’s impossible to get bored!
- Making new friends…across Canada and the United States!
- A bunch of perks…you’ll see, we’ll take care of you!
- And much more…but we do have to save some surprises for you!
If you want to be part of a great team and you think you are the motivated, talented and ambitious person we are looking for, contact us!
*We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Leger is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Leger is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If you want to be part of a dynamic team and you think you are the motivated and ambitious person we are looking for, fill out and send us the form below!