- Permanent full-time position
- Work from home
- Competitive salary in the industry
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1986, Leger empowers its clients to make better decisions by providing the highest-quality market research and data analytics in North America. Joining our company means joining a team of 600 passionate people who are committed to their work. We are the largest Canadian-owned market research and analytics company, with 8 offices across Canada and the United States.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING WITH US
We are the benchmark in our industry, and we offer important strategic advice to our clients. We distinguish ourselves through our company culture, our transparent management, our dynamic attitude and our flat company structure. Our team is the basis of our success and as they say, birds of a feather flock together. If you want to join us and make a difference, our team is waiting for you!
YOUR ROLE AS A RESEARCH MANAGER
- Bring your curiosity, your analytical mind, your positive attitude and your desire to learn
- Work with team members to identify and capitalize on business opportunities
- Lead by example and foster an environment favourable to teamwork and collaboration
- Share your skills, knowledge and expertise with colleagues
- Understand client needs and the objectives of research projects
- Continue to develop your strong project management skills
- Interpret data, provide insights and translate research findings into strategic conclusions
- Use your creativity and your superior writing skills to create visually appealing reports
- Provide expert advice to our prestigious clients and help them succeed
- Become a key member of our team
- Work on challenging and impactful projects
- Thrive and grow in a stimulating and friendly environment
Joining our team as a research manager means taking the values of quality, customer service, innovation, collaboration and commitment to heart. It means being interested in and passionate about public opinion and market research. The ideal candidate wants to share their knowledge with others, thrive professionally and further develop their skills while working on important large-scale projects.
- Innovate and participate in the development of research report content and measurement tools (e.g., index creation, specialized study content, data visualization, report automation, use of more advanced statistical analysis, etc.).
- Participate in developing service proposals and value-added expertise documents in collaboration with the leaders
- Manage large-scale or complex projects and contribute to strategic thinking
- Write strategic research reports
- Attend and participate in start-up meetings with the client
- Participate in developing measurement tools (questionnaire, analysis plan, etc.)
- Moderate focus groups and/or individual interviews
- Assume all project management steps internally in collaboration with the operations team, including validation of the questionnaire in test mode, training of interviewers, coordination of project fielding, monitoring and validating the pre-test, day-to-day monitoring of the fielded project, monitoring of qualitative projects (recruiting, incentives, etc.), and coordination of end-of-field steps
- Develop the statistical processing and reporting plan
- Analyze findings and write strategic research reports
- Make strategic recommendations
- Collaborate on developing the division’s expertise
- Ensure profitability, quality control and adherence to schedule for his/her projects and those of the team in collaboration with the team
- Serve as a content expert on issues in project management execution and report writing
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- University degree (Bachelor’s)
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience as an analyst or relevant experience in the research industry as a marketing research professional
- 4+ years of supplier-side custom research experience
- Advanced report writing skills (content, data visualization, spelling, attention to detail, visual aesthetics, etc.)
- Advanced strategic analysis skills
- Proven skills in managing complex mandates
- High level of quality control/accuracy
- Proven expertise in research mandate management and research report writing
- Coaching skills: ability to effectively coach, motivate and encourage a team of analysts
- Highly developed analytical skills and ability to summarize
- Strategic writing skills
- Ability to clearly communicate project parameters to the various departments involved
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques: segmentation, MaxDiff, factor analysis, multiple regression, conjoint analysis, etc.
- Proficiency with various quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Good computer skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook), SPSS/Stat XP, Sawtooth, DisplayR, etc.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize so that multiple projects can be handled at once
- Good marketing literacy
- Ability to understand the needs of clients and the objectives of research mandates
- Ability to identify, communicate and propose solutions to problems that may arise
- Ability to provide internal day-to-day project management according to Leger’s quality standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Paid vacation when employment starts*
- Possible to work from outside the country*
- Offices closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Group insurance
- Employee Recognition Program
- Leger University, training, mentorship, and continuing education
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Profit-Sharing Program (PSP)
- Pension plan
- Flex Program: Hybrid Work Model
- Global health allowance
- and more!
*Certain conditions apply
THE PERKS OF WORKING WITH US
At Leger, our people are at the heart of our success. Being part of our team means:
- Working in a friendly, respectful, and positive environment. Happiness at work is one of our top priorities!
- Enjoying flexible benefits and other perks that foster a culture of well-being.
- Developing your skills and thriving professionally with our learning and mentorship opportunities.
- Multiple opportunities for long-term growth. More than one-third of our permanent employees have been with Leger for at least 10 years.
- Making new friends and connections across Canada and the United States.
- and much more!
If you want to be part of a great team and you think you are the motivated, talented and ambitious person we are looking for, submit your application!
*We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Leger is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Leger is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.