- Winnipeg or Montreal
- Competitive salary in the industry
- Full-time position
WHO WE ARE
At Leger, we know Canadians. With over 30 years of experience, we are THE most accurate market research firm in Canada. Joining our company means joining a team of 600 passionate people who are committed to their work. We are the largest Canadian-owned marketing research and analytics firm, with 8 offices across Canada and the United States.
Beyond being the benchmark in our industry and offering important strategic advice to our clients, we distinguish ourselves through our company culture, our transparent management, our dynamic attitude and our flat company structure. Our team is the basis of our success and as they say, birds of a feather flock together. If you want to join us and make a difference, our team is waiting for you!
YOUR ROLE AS A STATISTICAL ANALYST
- Bring your knowledge of statistical analysis, your positive attitude and your desire to learn
- Work on challenging and impactful projects
- Participate in our prestigious clients’ success
- Process and validate data from various research projects
- Validate the weighting and consistency of the data
- Satisfy internal clients by respecting quality standards and deadlines
- Become a key member of our team
- Thrive and grow in a stimulating and friendly environment
Joining our team as a statistical analyst means taking the values of quality, customer service, innovation, collaboration and commitment to heart. It means being passionate about statistics and mathematics, having remarkable attention to detail and having strong foundations in statistical analysis.
- Retrieve data files from the Decipher platform (web projects) or VCC (telephone projects)
- Perform data validation in the database (detection of input, logical, coding errors, etc.)
- Support the data migration process through data quality assurance and effective communication between different departments
- Weight data according to the weighting scheme established by the Director of Statistics (if necessary)
- Create composite variables and banners
- Statistical data processing (generating frequencies, cross-tabulations)
- Identify data problems and recommend solutions
- Handle SPSS data
- Provide clients with databases in various formats (ASCII, Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Coordinate with the operations departments
- Bachelor’s degree, certificate or technical degree in statistics or mathematics
- At least two (2) years of experience as a statistical technician or statistical analyst
- English (spoken and written) is essential
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
- Skilled at statistical analysis and managing multiple projects
- Proficient in various quantitative methodologies
- Strong computer skills, including in-depth knowledge of SPSS, Excel and the entire Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of WinCross, StatXP and Q is an asset
- Good knowledge of data collection platforms (Decipher) is an asset
- Great rigor and precision when processing data
- A strong sense of responsibility for the projects entrusted to you
- Strong organizational skills and priority management
- Rigorous, methodical and detail-oriented person
- Strong interest in statistical data and mathematics
- Logical and deductive reasoning skills
STILL NOT CONVINCED?
Leger is not only a reference in the market research industry…being a part of our team also means:
- Working in a friendly, respectful and happy environment…happiness at work is one of our top priorities!
- New projects all year long…it’s impossible to get bored!
- Making new friends…across Canada and the United States!
- A bunch of perks…you’ll see, we’ll take care of you!
- And much more…but we do have to save some surprises for you!
If you want to be part of a great team and you think you are the motivated, talented and ambitious person we are looking for, contact us!
*We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Leger is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Leger is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If you want to be part of a dynamic team and you think you are the motivated and ambitious person we are looking for, fill out and send us the form below!