From January 8 to 10, 2021, Leger conducted an online survey of Albertans to explore their perspectives on:
- The Government of Alberta’s rollout of the COVID-19 vaccines;
- Whether the Alberta MLAs who travelled outside of Canada during the holidays should be forced to resign their seats/be punished for their actions;
- Whether they support the Government of Alberta’s decision to keep provincial parks and recreation areas that were originally supposed to be closed/delisted open;
- and more.
SOME OF THE KEY FINDINGS INCLUDE…
- Albertans are polarized in their satisfaction with the government’s rollout of vaccines in Alberta thus far: 48% indicate they are satisfied, and 43% indicate they are dissatisfied.
- Less than half are satisfied with the government’s communication surrounding the vaccine rollout, as well as the pace of the vaccine rollout in Alberta.
- The majority of Albertans agree that MLAs who travelled outside Canada over the holidays should be forced to resign their seats and/or punished for their actions.
- The vast majority of Albertans support the idea of keeping parks and recreation areas open.
- A total of n=1,000 online surveys were conducted among Albertans aged 18 or older via Leger’s LEO Panel, including n=320 in Edmonton CMA, n=330 in Calgary CMA, and n=350 in areas outside of Edmonton CMA or Calgary CMA.
- The survey was conducted from January 8 to 10, 2021, using computer-assisted web interviewing (CAWI) technology.
- As a non-random internet survey, a margin of error is not reported. If the data were collected through a random sample, the margin of error for a sample size of n=1,000 Albertans would be ±3.1%, 19 times out of 20.
- Using data from the 2016 Census, results were weighted according to age, gender, and region in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND MORE. CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD IT.
- Taking everything into account, how satisfied are you with the government’s rollout of the vaccines in Alberta so far?
- The government has said that everyone in Alberta who wants a COVID-19 vaccine should be able to receive it by September. Do you think everyone in Alberta will have the chance to get a COVID-19 vaccine…
- It has recently been reported that several Government of Alberta MLAs and senior political staff were found to have travelled outside of Canada over the holidays. The Premier has demoted or accepted the resignations from all the MLAs and staff involved. With this in mind, how much do you agree or disagree with the following statements?
- Did you travel outside of Canada over the holidays?