DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
Every week, we survey Canadians and Americans to explore their perspectives on COVID-19 and other current events. Stay up to date on the latest trends and discover our most recent results below.
This survey is conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
IN THE NEWS
THE YEAR 2020
- 50% of Canadians and 58% of Americans say that 2020 is the worst year they’ve lived.
- 70% of Canadians think the Canadian government should retaliate against the American government’s new tariffs on aluminum.
DONALD TRUMP VS TIKTOK
- 34% of Canadians and 46% of Americans agree with Trump’s proposal to ban the TikTok app in the United States.
20% of Canadians say they are going to download the COVID Alert mobile app, and 14% have already downloaded it.
- 52% of Canadians do not believe the government’s claim that the COVID Alert mobile app does not collect personal information/allow the government to see their location.
This web survey was conducted from August 7-9, 2020, with 1,513 Canadians and 1,003 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
Using data from the 2016 Census, the results were weighted by gender, age, mother tongue, region, education level and presence of children in the household in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,513 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.52%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,003 would have a margin of error of ±3.1%, 19 times out of 20. The research results presented here are in full compliance with the CRIC Public Opinion Research Standards and Disclosure Requirements.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND MORE! DOWNLOAD IT BELOW FOR THE FULL RESULTS.
- Do you agree or disagree with President Trump’s decision to impose a 10% tariff on aluminum imported from Canada?
- Are you going to download the COVID Alert mobile app?
- Do you agree with Donald Trump’s proposal to ban the TikTok app in the United States?
- Up until now, is 2020 the worst year you’ve ever lived?
- Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, how would you rate your mental health?