In partnership with the Vancouver Sun, Leger surveyed residents of Surrey and Vancouver about their voter sentiments, including approval ratings for their mayor and council, their desire for change and the main issues in their municipalities.
SOME OF THE KEY HIGHLIGHTS ABOUT VOTER SENTIMENTS IN VANCOUVER AND SURREY INCLUDE…
- Mayor and council approval ratings are lower in Vancouver and Surrey compared to other jurisdictions.
- Voter issues extend beyond typical municipal issues, and both Vancouver and Surrey have unique issues to grapple with.
- Satisfaction levels with municipal services are extremely low in Vancouver and Surrey.
- Support for public initiatives in both cities is divided.
- A web survey was conducted among 1,155 residents of the Vancouver (n=601) and Surrey (n=554), 18 years of age or older, via Leger’s online panel, LEO.
- The data was collected from September 29 to October 5, 2022.
- Using data from the 2021 census, the results were weighted according to age, gender, ethnicity and region in order to ensure a representative sample of the population of Vancouver and Surrey.
- No margin of error can be associated with a non-probability sample. However, for comparative purposes, a probability sample of 1,155 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.5%, 19 times out of 20.