We surveyed Albertans from September 15 to 18 to explore their perspectives on the Alberta government, including their opinions of the party leaders, their voting intentions, the most important issues facing their province, and more.
SOME OF THE KEY FINDINGS OF OUR OCTOBER 2023 Alberta GOVERNMENT REPORT CARD SURVEY INCLUDE…
MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE AND PROVINCE TRAJECTORY
- 22% of Albertans think that inflation/rising interest rates is the most important issue facing their province, 17% think healthcare is the most important issue, and 13% think it is housing prices/affordability.
- 50% of Albertans think that things in their province are on the wrong track.
LEADER APPROVAL RATINGS
- Premier Danielle Smith receives the highest approval rating of the leaders at 44%, narrowly ahead of Alberta NDP leader Rachel Notley, whose approval rating is 43%.
PROVINCIAL VOTING INTENTIONS
- If a provincial election were held tomorrow, 49% of Alberta decided voters would vote for the United Conservative Party and 39% would vote for the Alberta NDP.
- For this wave of research, 1,001 residents of Alberta aged 18 or older were surveyed online using Leger’s online panel, LEO, from September 15 to 18, 2023.
- The data was weighted according to the Canadian census figures for age, gender and region within the province.
- No margin of error can be associated with a non-probability sample. However, for comparative purposes, a probability sample of 1,001 respondents would have a margin of error of ±3.1%, 19 times out of 20.