On behalf of Postmedia, Leger surveyed Canadians about their views on Israel since its creation 75 years ago from April 14 to 16, 2023.
SOME OF THE KEY HIGHLIGHTS FROM OUR SURVEY ON VIEWS ON ISRAEL SINCE ITS CREATION 75 YEARS AGO INCLUDE…
- 77% of Canadians don’t closely follow or keep up to date with news about Israel.
- 33% of Canadians have a favourable impression of Israel, 28% see the country in an unfavourable light and 38% are unsure about how they feel.
- 36% of Canadians agree that establishing Israel in 1948 was the right thing to do, 20% say it was not and 44% are uncertain.
- 44% of Canadians feel the Canadian government should continue to support the existence of Israel in the Middle East.
- 44% of Canadians support the Government of Canada taking deliberate efforts to strengthen its relationship with Israel.
- A web survey was conducted among 1,549 Canadians, 18 years of age or older, via Leger’s online panel, LEO.
- The data was collected from April 14 to 16, 2023.
- As a non-probability online survey, a margin of error is technically not reported. If the data were collected through a probability sample, the margin of error would be ±2.5%, 19 times out of 20.
- Using data from the 2021 census, the results were weighted according to age, gender and region, as well as by education and presence of children in the household in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.