Recently, Leger conducted an online survey about COVID-19 in partnership with the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce. Given COVID-19’s impact on businesses, the objective was to understand concerns among Manitoba Chambers of Commerce members, and the steps they are taking related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In total, 672 members responded to the survey, which was conducted from March 20-25, 2020.
Some of the Key Findings Include:
- While around 1/2 of the companies are facing a significant impact on their financials due to COVID-19 situation, an additional 3 in 10 companies feel that the impact is so high that it might put them out of business.
- Financial management implications will be the major challenge for companies if the COVID-19 situation worsens.
- In terms of HR & Payroll, over 30% of companies are assisting employees in making employment insurance claims and around a similar number of companies are allowing employees to use their available paid time off.
- Over 2/3 of companies have increased health and safety measures and also are sharing the updates routinely with employees. These practices are more prevalent in large companies (over 90% are following) vs. small (just over 50%).
- Over 70% of companies find the information provided by governments helpful. 4 in 10 companies believe that they need information on Federal and Provincial government plans for supporting business and individuals.
- 2/3 of companies feel access to emergency financial supports and provincial and federal tax relief would be beneficial.
Download the full report below to explore all of the findings!