This survey explores Canadians’ views on Canadian federal politics.
In this edition, we asked Canadians a variety of questions about Canadian federal politics, including their voting intentions, which party they believe will form the next federal government, their satisfaction with Justin Trudeau’s government and more.
We also measured Joe Biden and Kamala Harris’ approval ratings among Americans.
This survey is conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
Would you like to be first to receive these results? Subscribe to our newsletter now.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE.
Canadian Federal Politics
- Although the Liberals are enjoying a 7-point lead over the Conservatives nationally among decided voters (36% vs. 29%), 46% of Canadians are satisfied with Trudeau’s government and 49% are dissatisfied.
- When we asked Canadians which federal party leader would make the best prime minister of Canada…
- 27% said Justin Trudeau
- 19% said Jagmeet Singh
- 11% said Erin O’Toole
- Nearly half (48%) of Canadians think the Liberal Party of Canada will win the next federal election.
Federal Voting Intentions
This web survey was conducted from July 30, 2021 to August 1, 2021 with 2,079 Canadians and 1,001 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
For comparison, a probability sample of 2,079 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.15%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,001 would have a margin of error of ±3.09%, 19 times out of 20.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND MORE!
- If federal elections were held today, for which political party would you be most likely to vote? Would it be for…? In the event a respondent had no opinion, the following prompting question was asked: Even if you have not yet made up your mind, for which of the following political parties would you be most likely to vote? Would it be for the …
- Are you very satisfied, somewhat satisfied, somewhat dissatisfied, or very dissatisfied with the Canadian government led by Justin Trudeau?
- Who do you think will win the next federal election and form the next government?
- If the race is very tight between the Liberals and Conservatives, making every vote important, would that situation…