DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
We survey Canadians and Americans to explore their perspectives on COVID-19 and other current events. Stay up to date on the latest trends and discover our most recent results below.
This survey is conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
Would you like to be first to receive these results? Subscribe to our newsletter now.
- 86% of Canadians agree with the new safety measures that have been implemented for travellers coming to or returning to Canada.
- 87% of Canadians think the government should ban international travel until the number of COVID-19 cases has decreased for several consecutive days.
THE SUPER BOWL
[AMONG SPORTS FANS]
- Sports fans are divided on who they are backing to win Super Bowl LV: among them, 56% of Canadians and 45% of Americans are backing Brady, while 44% of Canadians and 55% of Americans are backing Mahomes.
CANADIANS’ MENTAL HEALTH
- 29% of Canadians say their mental health has been very good or excellent since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis. This proportion has reached its lowest point since April 20, 2020, when the question was introduced into our North American Tracker.
This web survey was conducted from January 29, 2021 to January 31, 2021 with 1,559 Canadians and 1,000 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,559 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.48%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,003 would have a margin of error of ±3.09%, 19 times out of 20.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND MORE!
- Do you think that the government should ban international travel until there are several consecutive days of reduced numbers of COVID-19 cases?
- Do you think the night-time curfew in the province of Quebec is working?
- Which quarterback are you backing to win Super Bowl LV?
- It is likely that there will be multiple vaccines coming on to the market over a period of time. Would you be more likely to get vaccinated with the first vaccine available to the public or would you prefer to wait for other vaccines to be available on the market later?
- Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, how would you rate your mental health?