In partnership with the Vancouver Sun, Leger surveyed residents of the Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley and Sea to Sky corridor about their voting intentions and perspectives on voter issues and community involvement.
SOME OF THE KEY HIGHLIGHTS ABOUT THEIR VOTER SENTIMENTS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT INCLUDE…
- The approval of municipal governments seems low, and sentiment for change seems high
- Voters in Surrey and Vancouver are particularly disgruntled
- Voter issues have evolved: voters want municipalities to get involved in issues that are provincial/national in scope
- Community involvement is a great predictor of voter intentions
- A web survey was conducted among 984 residents of the Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley and Sea to Sky corridor, 18 years of age or older, via Leger’s online panel, LEO.
- The data was collected from September 1 to 8, 2022.
- Using data from the 2016 census, the results were weighted according to age, gender and region in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.