From May 20-23, 2022, Leger surveyed eligible Ontario voters about provincial politics in Ontario to understand their voting intentions; engagement with the 2022 provincial election campaign; the attributes they associate with Ford, Del Duca and Horwath and more.
SOME OF THE KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR SURVEY OF ELIGIBLE ONTARIO VOTERS INCLUDE…
- 55% think Doug Ford and the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario will win the next provincial election and form government.
- The top attribute associated with the following leaders is:
- Doug Ford: Out of touch (26%)
- Steven Del Duca: Not ready to govern (23%)
- Andrea Horwath: Not ready to govern (21%)
- If a provincial election were held today, 38% of decided voters would vote for the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario, 26% would vote for the Ontario Liberal Party and 24% would vote for the Ontario New Democratic Party.
A web survey was conducted among 1,503 Ontario residents, 18 years of age or older, who are eligible to vote in Ontario, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
The data was collected from May 20 to 23, 2022.
For comparison purposes, a probability sample of 1,503 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.5%, 19 times out of 20.
The results were weighted according to gender and age within Ontario regions, as well as by education and presence of children in the household in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.