The COVID-19 crisis is having an impact on the way patients interact with healthcare providers and the healthcare system. Transformation that extends beyond the pandemic is likely.
To help our clients plan for the future beyond this pandemic, Leger is conducting a study to assess the current and future impact of COVID-19 on patients and consumers and their interactions with the healthcare system.
The study will be fielded online in April 2020, among 1,500 Canadians (1,000 with at least one chronic condition; 500 with no chronic conditions). Results will be provided in May.
The questionnaire will address the following topics, among others:
- Whether patients have lost or had their private health insurance benefits reduced (due to job loss, etc.)
- How concerned patients are about being able to fill their prescriptions; purchase OTC medications, vitamins, and supplements; and access healthcare services
- How their interactions with their doctor/pharmacist are changing due to COVID-19, if at all, and their satisfaction with their interaction(s) during the pandemic
- Interest in using digital/virtual communication tools to interact with a doctor/pharmacist in the future
- Confidence that the healthcare system can manage during and following the pandemic
- And more!