From December 17-19, 2021, on behalf of Postmedia, Leger conducted an online survey among British Columbians to explore their opinions on a potential 2030 Winter Olympic Games bid.
SOME OF THE KEY FINDINGS OF OUR SURVEY INCLUDE…
- British Columbians are divided in their level of support for a 2030 Winter Olympic Games bid.
- Support for the games varies upon learning that the bid is being led by First Nations.
- British Columbians feel the 2030 Winter Olympic Games would be a large investment.
- Half of B.C. residents feel that the games will give British Columbians something to look forward to and create economic opportunities.
- 1,002 residents of British Columbia aged 18 or older were surveyed online using Leger’s online panel, LEO, from December 17 to 19, 2021.
- Using data from the 2016 Census, the results were weighted according to age, gender, and region in order to ensure a representative sample of the population in British Columbia.
- No margin of error can be associated with a non-probability sample. However, for comparative purposes, a probability sample of 1,002 respondents would have a margin of error of ±3.1%, 19 times out of 20.