DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
Each week, Leger will publish a survey conducted in partnership with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS), and published in The Canadian Press, to help governments, businesses and citizens better understand the attitudes and behaviours of Canadians in the face of the current health and economic crisis. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
HIGHLIGHTS (May 5, 2020)
Leger’s latest survey about COVID-19, conducted in partnership with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in The Canadian Press, reveals that:
- Over three-in-five (64%) Canadians think the federal government should maintain the pace at which it is relaxing social distancing/self-isolation measures.
- Americans are approximately twice as likely as Canadians to think their state and federal government should accelerate the pace at which they are relaxing social distancing/self-isolation measures.
- 16% of Canadians will not be comfortable with the government lifting restrictions on workplace and leisure activities until there is a COVID-19 vaccine available.
- Half (50%) of Canadians have cancelled or changed their vacation plans in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
This web survey was conducted from May 1 to May 3, 2020, with 1,526 Canadians and 1,002 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
Using data from the 2016 Census, the results were weighted by gender, age, mother tongue, region, education level and presence of children in the household in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,526 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.51%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,002 would have a margin of error of +3.1%, 19 times out of 20. The research results presented here are in full compliance with the CRIC Public Opinion Research Standards and Disclosure Requirements.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, AND MORE! DOWNLOAD IT BELOW FOR THE FULL RESULTS.
- Do you feel that your provincial/state government should accelerate, maintain, or slow down the pace at which it is relaxing social distancing/self-isolation measures to allow a gradual return to normal activities?
- Do you feel that your federal government should accelerate, maintain, or slow down the pace at which it is relaxing social distancing/self-isolation measures to allow a gradual return to normal activities?
- When do you think you will feel comfortable travelling again in the US / Canada?
- Have you changed vacation plans in 2020 due to the Coronavirus pandemic?