Recently, a Canadian politician stated that it feels like everything is broken in Canada right now. But is Canada broken? On behalf of the National Post, we surveyed Canadians from January 20 to 22, 2023 to learn more about their perceptions.
SOME OF THE KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR IS CANADA BROKEN? SURVEY INCLUDE…
- 67% of Canadians agree with the statement made by a Canadian politician who stated that “it feels like everything is broken in this country right now”.
- 50% of Canadians are angry with the way Canada is being managed today.
- 68% of Canadians report that rising costs and inflation/interest rates are most important when it comes to the issues impacting them and their families.
- 37% of Canadians believe that the state of health care is the issue that governments and decision makers in their province are focused on the most.
- A web survey was conducted among 1,554 Canadians, 18 years of age or older, via Leger’s online panel, LEO.
- The data was collected from January 20 to 22, 2023.
- As a non-probability online survey, a margin of error is technically not reported. If the data were collected through a probability sample, the margin of error would be ±2.5%, 19 times out of 20.
- Using data from the 2021 census, the results were weighted according to age, gender and region within Canada, as well as by education and presence of children in the household in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.