THIS SURVEY EXPLORES CANADIANS’ (AND AMERICANS’) PERSPECTIVES ON LIFTING COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS AND THE PANDEMIC OVERALL.
COVID-19 has been making headlines in Canada lately for multiple reasons. We have just started the third year of the pandemic, the Freedom Convoy continues to protest in Ottawa and certain premiers have announced when they plan to begin lifting COVID-19 restrictions.
Given this, we asked Canadians (and Americans) to share their perspectives on the pandemic, including whether all restrictions should be lifted, whether they feel the worst is over and more.
This survey is conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
Would you like to be the first to receive these results? Subscribe to our newsletter now.
Lifting Restrictions and the State of the Pandemic
- 32% of Canadians think governments should lift the COVID-19 restrictions now, an increase of 12%.
- 46% of Canadians think the worst of the COVID-19 crisis is behind us, an increase of 22%.
- Not all Canadians feel the same way, however: 43% think we should be careful about how quickly we ease safety measures.
This web survey was conducted from February 4 to February 6, 2022, with 1,546 Canadians and 1,005 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,546 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.49%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,005 would have a margin of error of ±3.091%, 19 times out of 20.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND MORE!
- Please tell me which of the following best represents how you feel about the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Do you think governments should lift all restrictions related to COVID-19 right now?
- What statement best describes your personal opinion of the COVID-19 crisis for Canada?
- To this day, are you satisfied or not with the measures put in place to fight the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic by the following?