DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
We survey Canadians and Americans to explore their perspectives on COVID-19 and other current events. Stay up to date on the latest trends and discover our most recent results below.
This survey is conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
Would you like to be first to receive these results? Subscribe to our newsletter now.
- 51% of Canadians are not confident that the Government of Canada will meet its objective to vaccinate all Canadians who want a vaccine by the end of September 2021.
- 69% of Canadians feel that Canada’s delay in delivering vaccines is due more to the federal government’s capacity to obtain doses versus their provincial government’s capacity to deliver the vaccine (14%).
- Half of Canadians (50%) think the Government of Canada should accelerate the approval of other vaccines that are already available in other countries to help meet its September 2021 vaccination target.
- If there are further delays in obtaining Health Canada-approved vaccines, about one-in-five Canadians would like to see the Government of Canada seek to approve the vaccines developed in Russia (20%) or China (22%).
- 14% of Canadians and 29% of Americans do not intend to get a COVID-19 vaccine when one becomes available.
This web survey was conducted from February 12, 2021 to February 14, 2021 with 1,535 Canadians and 1,002 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,535 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.50%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,002 would have a margin of error of ±3.09%, 19 times out of 20.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND MORE!
- The Government of Canada has stated the objective that all Canadians who wish to get vaccinated against coronavirus will be able to do so before the end of September 2021. To what extent are you confident that Canada will be able to meet that objective?
- At the moment, Canada is behind on delivering vaccines to Canadians. Do you believe this is mainly due to…
- Do you feel that the Government of Canada should accelerate the approval of other vaccines already available in other countries to help meet its September 2021 target?
- When you are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, how likely are you to do the following when they are allowed in your province/state?
- When a vaccine for COVID-19 that had been approved by Health Canada/the FDA becomes available to the population and it is free, do you intend to get vaccinated?