DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
We survey Canadians and Americans to explore their perspectives on COVID-19 and other current events. Stay up to date on the latest trends and discover our most recent results below.
This survey is conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
Would you like to be first to receive these results? Subscribe to our newsletter now.
PERSPECTIVES ON THE BRITISH MONARCHY AFTER MEGHAN AND HARRY’S INTERVIEW
- 53% of Canadians think that the British monarchy is out of date and no longer has a place in the 21st century, while 33% think it is part of our history and should be preserved.
- Canadians are split on whether the British monarchy is a positive or negative symbol for Canada.
- Given the recent events, 59% of Canadians sympathize more with Harry and Meghan and 26% sympathize more with the Royal Family.
- 43% of Canadians think the recent events show that the Royal Family holds racist views.
- 25% of Canadians and 21% of Americans who have not received a COVID-19 vaccine intend to wait for the vaccine they want.
THE U.S. COVID-19 STIMULUS PACKAGE
- 70% of Americans think the $1.9 trillion stimulus bill will help the American economy, however, 61% are concerned about the impact it will have on the country’s long-term debt situation.
- 58% of Americans think they will personally benefit from the $1.9 trillion stimulus package.
This web survey was conducted from March 12, 2021 to March 14, 2021 with 1,512 Canadians and 1,003 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,512 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.52%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,003 would have a margin of error of ±3.09%, 19 times out of 20.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND MORE!
- Which of the following statements best represents what you personally think about the British monarchy?
- If Canada wanted to open a discussion about our constitutional monarchy and system of government, which of the following systems of government would you most likely favour?
- Currently there are four vaccines available for use in Canada/three vaccines available in the United States, with the potential for more to be approved this year. All the vaccines are proven effective against the virus, but some are slightly more effective than others. Will you get vaccinated the first chance you get regardless of the vaccine offered or will you wait for a particular vaccine that you want to receive?
- How do you think the US $1.9 trillion stimulus bill will impact the US economy?
- How concerned are you about the impact of the $1.9 trillion stimulus package on the country’s long-term debt situation?