DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
We survey Canadians and Americans to explore their perspectives on COVID-19 and other current events. Stay up to date on the latest trends and discover our most recent results below.
This survey is conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
Would you like to be first to receive these results? Subscribe to our newsletter now.
LEVELS OF TRUST FOR NORTH AMERICA’S COVID-19 VACCINES
- 82% of Canadians trust Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine, while 77% trust Moderna’s, 69% trust Johnson & Johnson’s, and 53% trust AstraZeneca’s.
- Among Americans, 63% trust Pfizer’s vaccine, while 58% trust Moderna’s, 58% trust Johnson & Johnson’s, and 37% trust AstraZeneca’s.
GUN CONTROL IN CANADA AND IN THE U.S.
- 51% of Americans support a bill before the U.S. Senate that would ban the sale and use of all assault rifles; 35% oppose it.
- 69% of Americans support a bill before the U.S. Senate that seeks to strengthen background checks for gun possession; 21% oppose it.
- 66% of Canadians and 60% of Americans believe gun control should be tighter in their country.
This web survey was conducted from March 26, 2021 to March 28, 2021 with 1,523 Canadians and 1,001 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,523 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.51%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,001 would have a margin of error of ±3.09%, 19 times out of 20.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND MORE!
- Would you trust the following COVID-19 vaccines for you or one of your family members to receive?
- Do you support a bill going to the U.S. Senate which will ban the sale and use of all assault rifles?
- Do you support a bill going to the U.S. Senate which will tighten background checks for firearm ownership?