DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
We survey Canadians and Americans to explore their perspectives on COVID-19 and other current events. Stay up to date on the latest trends and discover our most recent results below.
This survey is conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
Would you like to be first to receive these results? Subscribe to our newsletter now.
Vaccine Passports and Restrictions
- 61% of Canadians and 41% of Americans agree their government should implement a vaccine passport.
- If their governments achieve their vaccination goals, approximately three-in-five or fewer Canadians and fewer than half of Americans think that various private business owners should have the right to limit access to their business to people who have valid proof of vaccination.
- 76% of Canadians and 58% of Americans would like to receive a vaccine passport after they have been vaccinated.
- 17% of Canadians and 36% of Americans think governments should lift all COVID-19-related restrictions right now.
This web survey was conducted from May 7, 2021 to May 9, 2021 with 1,529 Canadians and 1,003 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,529 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.51%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,003 would have a margin of error of ±3.09%, 19 times out of 20.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND MORE!
- Some countries have introduced a “vaccine passport” to allow people that are vaccinated to attend public events/gatherings while preventing entry to events/gatherings to people that are not vaccinated. Do you agree that your government should do the same thing?
- When thinking of the next few months, do you support or oppose the following COVID-19 safety measures?
- If the Government of Canada/U.S. Government reaches its target to have all adult Canadians/Americans (who want to get vaccinated) vaccinated by late June/July 4th, do you believe that the following private business owners should have the right to limit access to their business only to those who have valid proof of vaccination?
- Do you feel optimistic about the next year for Canada/the United States?
- Overall, do you approve or disapprove of the way Joe Biden is handling his job as president?