DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
Every week, we survey Canadians and Americans to explore their perspectives on COVID-19 and other current events. Stay up to date on the latest trends and discover our most recent results below.
This survey is conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
- 61% of Canadians are afraid of contracting COVID-19, an increase of 6 percentage points since last week.
IN THE NEWS
BACK TO SCHOOL DURING THE PANDEMIC
Asked to parents of school-age children
- 44% of Canadians and 39% of Americans say their children are nervous and anxious about returning to school, while 41% and 46% respectively say that their children are looking forward to it.
- 66% of Canadians and 72% of Americans are worried about children going back to school at the end of the summer.
U.S. PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
- 54% of Americans have a good opinion of Joe Biden and 58% of Americans have a bad opinion of Donald Trump.
- In terms of being Joe Biden’s running mate, 51% of Americans think that Kamala Harris is a good choice.
This web survey was conducted from August 14-16, 2020, with 1,510 Canadians and 1,001 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
Using data from the 2016 Census, the results were weighted by gender, age, mother tongue, region, education level and presence of children in the household in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,510 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.52%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,001 would have a margin of error of ±3.1%, 19 times out of 20. The research results presented here are in full compliance with the CRIC Public Opinion Research Standards and Disclosure Requirements.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND MORE! DOWNLOAD IT BELOW FOR THE FULL RESULTS.
- Is the choice of Kamala Harris as Joe Biden’s running mate for the U.S. election a good choice or a bad choice?
- Who would you prefer as Vice President of the United States between Mike Pence and Kamala Harris?
- Are your children mostly excited and looking forward to going back to classes in school or are they feeling nervous and anxious about the return to class?
- To this day, are you satisfied or not with the measures put in place to fight the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic by the following?