DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
Conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
- Two-thirds (66%) of Canadians and Americans believe that current physical distancing measures should remain at 2 meters (6 feet).
- Even if the 2-meter (6-foot) social distancing rule was reduced to 1 meter (3 feet), four-in-ten Canadians and Americans would be comfortable dining in a restaurant.
IN THE NEWS: BUYING CANADIAN
- 74% of Canadians say they often purchase products or services that originate in Canada from a Canadian company. Not only does it help the Canadian economy and support Canadian jobs, say most Canadians, but the products and services are often of higher quality, too.
- Nearly six-in-ten Canadians (56%) believe they will try to buy Canadian goods and services more often in the future.
This web survey was conducted from June 19 to June 21, 2020, with 1,521 Canadians and 1,002 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
Using data from the 2016 Census, the results were weighted by gender, age, mother tongue, region, education level and presence of children in the household in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,521 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.51%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,002 would have a margin of error of +3.1%, 19 times out of 20. The research results presented here are in full compliance with the CRIC Public Opinion Research Standards and Disclosure Requirements.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, AND MORE! DOWNLOAD IT BELOW FOR THE FULL RESULTS.
- Which of the following public figures would make the best leader for the Conservative Party of Canada?
- Thinking about your daily/weekly shopping habits, along with the infrequent large purchases you may be making, how often are you deliberately purchasing products or service that originate in Canada from a Canadian company—that is ‘Buying Canadian’?
- In the future, do you feel you will be trying to buy Canadian goods and services…
- Different countries have established different social distancing rules. Regarding the distance that must be respected between two people in Canada, do you think…
- If the 2 meters (6 feet) rule in social distancing was to be reduced to 1 meter (3 feet), would you be comfortable doing the following…