From August 20-22, 2021, on behalf of Postmedia, Leger conducted an online survey among Canadians to explore their perspectives on the federal ballot and their voting intentions.
OUR SURVEY ON THE FEDERAL BALLOT ASKED CANADIANS ABOUT…
- Which party they would vote for if a federal election were held today;
- Which party leader they feel had the best first week in the campaign;
- The timing of the election: whether now is a good time, or they feel it could have waited;
- The impact of the timing of the election on their likelihood to vote Liberal;
- and more.
- 2,002 residents of Canada aged 18 or older were surveyed online using Leger’s online panel, LEO, from August 20-22, 2021.
- Using data from the 2016 Census, the results were weighted according to age, gender, and region in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.
- As a non-probability internet survey, a margin of error is technically not to be reported. If the data were collected through a random sample, the margin of error for a sample of n~2,000 would be ±2.2%, 19 times out of 20.