From August 20-22, 2021, on behalf of Postmedia, Leger conducted an online survey among Canadians to explore their perspectives on the situation in Afghanistan with respect to the Taliban takeover.
SOME OF THE KEY FINDINGS OF OUR SURVEY ON THE SITUATION IN AFGHANISTAN INCLUDE…
- 65% of Canadians are closely following the unfolding situation in Afghanistan.
- 54% of Canadians agree the Canadian government should have acted quicker to assist Afghan citizens.
- 2,002 residents of Canada aged 18 or older were surveyed online using Leger’s online panel, LEO, from August 20-22, 2021.
- Using data from the 2016 Census, the results were weighted according to age, gender, and region in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.
- As a non-probability internet survey, a margin of error is technically not to be reported. If the data were collected through a random sample, the margin of error for a sample of n~2,000 would be ±2.2%, 19 times out of 20.