DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
Each week, Leger will publish a survey conducted in partnership with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS), and published in The Canadian Press, to help governments, businesses and citizens better understand the attitudes and behaviours of Canadians in the face of the current health and economic crisis. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
HIGHLIGHTS (June 2, 2020)
Leger’s latest survey about COVID-19, conducted in partnership with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in The Canadian Press, reveals that:
- 42% of Americans would prefer Justin Trudeau to lead their country, while 38% would prefer Donald Trump. In contrast, 76% of Canadians would prefer Trudeau and 10% would prefer Trump.
48% of Canadians and 36% of Americans think that the second wave of COVID-19 is impossible to avoid.
77% of Canadians think that individual Canadians have a greater responsibility to take adequate measures to avoid a second wave of COVID-19, while 18% of Canadians feel governments have a greater responsibility to do so.
- 37% of Canadians think the worst of the COVID-19 crisis is behind us, a 9% increase from last week.
This web survey was conducted from May 29 to May 31, 2020, with 1,536 Canadians and 1,002 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
Using data from the 2016 Census, the results were weighted by gender, age, mother tongue, region, education level and presence of children in the household in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,536 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.50%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,002 would have a margin of error of +3.1%, 19 times out of 20. The research results presented here are in full compliance with the CRIC Public Opinion Research Standards and Disclosure Requirements.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, AND MORE! DOWNLOAD IT BELOW FOR THE FULL RESULTS.
- Who, between U.S. President Donald Trump and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, has best managed…
- Would you prefer to have Justin Trudeau or Donald Trump as the leader of your country?
- In your opinion, is the second wave of the virus possible to avoid or impossible to avoid?
- Should the wearing of a protective mask be made mandatory for all Canadian when they are out in public and confined spaces such as grocery stores, shopping malls, or public transit?
- What statement best describes your personal opinion of the COVID-19 crisis for Canada?