From September 24-28, 2020, Leger conducted a survey among British Columbians to explore their provincial voting intentions.
- If the provincial election were held today, the B.C. NDP would capture the most popular votes (47%), followed by the B.C. Liberal Party (31%) among decided voters.
- Half (49%) of all respondents oppose Premier Horgan calling an election at this time.
- John Horgan has the most favourable impression among the three main Party leaders active in this election.
- The two most important issues that have been raised in this election are getting B.C.’s economy growing after the pandemic and managing the health and safety of people during the pandemic.
- Half (49%) of British Columbians feel a majority government would be better able to deal with the current COVID-19 pandemic situation in B.C.
Web survey using computer-assisted Web interviewing (CAWI) technology.
Conducted from September 24-28, 2020, among 802 residents of British Columbia, 18 years of age or older, who have the right to vote in British Columbia, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
Using data from the 2016 Census, the results were weighted according to region, age, gender, and ethnicity in order to ensure a representative sample of the population of British Columbia.
For comparison purposes, a probability sample of 802 respondents would have a margin of error of ±3.5%, 19 times out of 20.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND MORE. DOWNLOAD IT BELOW FOR THE FULL RESULTS.
- If the PROVINCIAL election were held today, which party’s candidate would you vote for? In the event a respondent did not know or preferred not to answer, the following prompting question was asked: Could you tell me which party you lean more toward as of today, even if it is just slightly?
- What is the likelihood of you switching your vote to vote for another party?
- How likely are you to get out and vote in the B.C. provincial election?
- While it was a minority government in B.C., there was no immediate threat to the government falling. Premier Horgan called this election. Do you support or oppose the move by Premier Horgan calling this election at this time?
- Below are several of the main Party leaders active in this election. For each one, please indicate the impression you have of them.
- Below is a list of issues that have been raised in this election. Please indicate which one is most important to you.