Following the recent UCP leadership review, Leger surveyed Albertans about their voting intentions and perspectives on who would make the best leader for the United Conservative Party.
SOME OF THE KEY FINDINGS OF OUR SURVEY ON THE UCP LEADERSHIP REVIEW INCLUDE…
- Decided voters are now favouring the UCP (42%) over the NDP (40%).
- Among Albertans, Brian Jean (19%) is the frontrunner over Danielle Smith (14%), but not by much. The preference for Jean is slightly stronger outside the major cities.
- Likely UCP voters have not yet decided on their preferred candidate for leadership.
- A total of n=1,000 online surveys were conducted among Albertans aged 18 or older via Leger’s LEO panel.
- The survey was conducted from May 20 to 23, 2022, using computer-assisted web interviewing (CAWI) technology.
- As a non-random internet survey, a margin of error is not reported. If the data were collected through a random sample, the margin of error for a sample size of n=1,000 would be ±3.1%, 19 times out of 20.
- Using data from the 2016 Census, results were weighted according to age, gender, and region in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.