Leger recently surveyed Albertans about their voting intentions and perspectives on the UCP leadership race.
SOME OF THE KEY FINDINGS OF OUR SURVEY ON THE UCP LEADERSHIP RACE INCLUDE…
- Decided voters are favouring the NDP (45%) over the UCP (41%).
- Regionally, those in Edmonton are more likely to vote for the NDP (61%). Support for the UCP increases with age and is strongest outside of Edmonton and Calgary (51%) as well as within Calgary (41%).
- In the UCP leadership race, the greatest proportion of UCP supporters feel Smith (22%), Jean (20%) or Toews (15%) would make the best UCP leader.
- 70% of Albertans believe Albertans are better off being part of Canada and the federation.
- A total of n=1,025 online surveys were conducted among Albertans aged 18 or older via Leger’s LEO panel.
- The survey was conducted from July 15 to July 17, 2022, using computer-assisted web interviewing (CAWI) technology.
- Using data from the 2016 Census, results were weighted according to age, gender, and region in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.