DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
Each week, Leger will publish a survey conducted in partnership with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS), and published in The Canadian Press, to help governments, businesses and citizens better understand the attitudes and behaviours of Canadians in the face of the current health and economic crisis. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
HIGHLIGHTS (April 14, 2020)
Leger’s latest survey about COVID-19, conducted in partnership with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in The Canadian Press, reveals that:
- 65% of Canadians think the health crisis in the United States will impact the spread of the virus in Canada
- Receipt of the first Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) cheques has boosted the Trudeau government’s satisfaction rating
- 26% of Canadians and 46% of Americans are still not following all the guidelines
This web survey was conducted from April 9 to April 12, 2020, with 1,508 Canadians and 1,012 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
Using data from the 2016 Census, the results were weighted by gender, age, mother tongue, region, education level and presence of children in the household in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,508 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.52%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,012 would have a margin of error of +3.08%, 19 times out of 20. The research results presented here are in full compliance with the CRIC Public Opinion Research Standards and Disclosure Requirements.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, AND MORE! DOWNLOAD IT BELOW FOR THE FULL RESULTS.
- Have you applied to receive the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), which provides $2,000 for workers who have stopped working because of COVID-19?
- To date, the federal government has spent nearly $117 billion to help businesses and individuals during the crisis. Do you think that…
- At what point will you be comfortable with the government lifting the restrictions on workplace and leisure activities and allowing Canadians to return to work?
- To this day, are you satisfied or not with the measures put in place to fight the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic by the following?