DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
Each week, Leger will publish a survey conducted in partnership with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS), and published in The Canadian Press, to help governments, businesses and citizens better understand the attitudes and behaviours of Canadians in the face of the current health and economic crisis. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
HIGHLIGHTS (April 21, 2020)
Leger’s latest survey about COVID-19, conducted in partnership with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in The Canadian Press, reveals that:
- 50% of employed Canadians are working from home and 79% of them report that they are having a positive experience.
- 85% of Canadians who have relatives living in seniors’ residences are concerned.
- 17% of Canadians have received the CERB, up 6% from last week.
- 17% of Canadians and 23% of Americans know someone with COVID-19.
- 77% of Canadians are satisfied with the Trudeau government.
This web survey was conducted from April 17 to April 19, 2020, with 1,504 Canadians and 1,001 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
Using data from the 2016 Census, the results were weighted by gender, age, mother tongue, region, education level and presence of children in the household in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,504 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.53%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,001 would have a margin of error of +3.1%, 19 times out of 20. The research results presented here are in full compliance with the CRIC Public Opinion Research Standards and Disclosure Requirements.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, AND MORE! DOWNLOAD IT BELOW FOR THE FULL RESULTS.
- Over the last week, how many times have you gone out grocery shopping?
- How hard or easy has working from home been for you over the last few weeks?
- At what point will you be comfortable with the government lifting the restrictions on workplace and leisure activities and allowing Canadians to return to work?
- How worried are you about the quality of care your relative(s) in private nursing homes or long-term care facilities are receiving during the COVID-19 crisis?
- To this day, are you satisfied or not with the measures put in place to fight the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic by the following?