DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
Every two weeks, we survey Canadians and Americans to explore their perspectives on COVID-19 and other current events. Stay up to date on the latest trends and discover our most recent results below.
This survey is conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
Would you like to be first to receive these results every two weeks? Subscribe to our newsletter now.
COVID-19 AND THE HOLIDAYS
- 62% of Canadians are not confident that we will be able to limit the spread of COVID-19 over the next few weeks.
- Over the holiday period, 34% of Canadians said they visited family/friends who live outside their home rarely (once), 12% said they did so occasionally (2-3 times), and 2% said they did so often (more than three times).
THE COVID-19 RESPONSE: SATISFACTION AND A VACCINE
- Canadians’ overall satisfaction with the measures put in place by the federal government to fight the COVID-19 pandemic (62%) is at its lowest point since March 23, 2020.
- 71% of Canadians and 53% of Americans plan to get a COVID-19 vaccine when one approved by Health Canada/the FDA is available (representing an increase of 5 percentage points among both groups since December 14, 2020).
This web survey was conducted from December 30, 2020 to January 3, 2021 with 1,506 Canadians and 1,003 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,506 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.53%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,003 would have a margin of error of ±3.09%, 19 times out of 20.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND MORE!
- Are you planning to make New Year’s resolutions?
- How much influence has the COVID-19 pandemic had on the New Year’s resolutions you plan to make this year?
- Which of the following positive impacts have you experienced as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic?
- When a vaccine for COVID-19 that had been approved by Health Canada/the FDA becomes available to the population and it is free, do you intend to get vaccinated?
- Over the recent holiday period did you visit with family or friends that live outside your home?
- How confident are you that we will be able to limit the spread of COVID-19 over the next few weeks?