This survey explores Canadians’ and Americans’ perspectives on several topical issues, including Canadian federal politics, the Delta variant, the heat wave in western North America, and more.
With an election in Canada likely in the fall, we asked Canadians their opinions on election issues and the party leaders. We also explored concerns about the Delta variant, and COVID-19 variants in general, among Canadians and Americans.
This survey is conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
Would you like to be first to receive these results? Subscribe to our newsletter now.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE.
Canadian Federal Politics
- 53% of Canadians are dissatisfied with the Canadian government led by Justin Trudeau.
- When we asked Canadians which federal party leader would make the best prime minister of Canada…
- 22% said Justin Trudeau;
- 17% said Jagmeet Singh;
- 16% said Erin O’Toole;
- and 20% were not sure which leader would be best.
- 48% of Canadians feel economic recovery is the most important issue to debate with respect to the next federal election.
The Delta Variant
- 59% of Canadians and 53% of Americans are concerned about contracting the Delta variant.
- 76% of Canadians and 63% of Americans are confident that vaccination effectively protects against the COVID-19 variants, including the Delta variant.
This web survey was conducted from July 2, 2021 to July 4, 2021 with 1,518 Canadians and 1,003 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,518 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.52%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,003 would have a margin of error of ±3.09%, 19 times out of 20.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND MORE!
- In your opinion, which federal party leader would make the best Prime Minister of Canada?
- With an election in Canada likely this fall, what do you feel is the most important issue to be debated?
- Is the unprecedented heat wave gripping western North America the result of…
- Considered to be more contagious than the original form of COVID-19, the Delta variant is spreading rapidly. How concerned are you about contracting the Delta variant of COVID-19?
- How confident are you that vaccination effectively protects against the COVID-19 variants, including the Delta variant?