DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
We survey Canadians and Americans to explore their perspectives on COVID-19 and other current events. Stay up to date on the latest trends and discover our most recent results below.
This survey is conducted in collaboration with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in the Canadian Press. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
Would you like to be first to receive these results? Subscribe to our newsletter now.
- 31% of Canadians are comfortable with economic/business restrictions ending when all Canadians who want the vaccine have received their required doses. 18% would prefer to wait at least 6 months after all Canadians have received their vaccine to end the restrictions.
- 43% of Canadians who have not received a COVID-19 vaccine think they will receive their first dose in August 2021 or later.
- 48% of Americans approve of the job Joe Biden is doing as president of the United States, and 38% disapprove.
- 66% of Americans who voted for Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election say they are more loyal to Donald Trump, while 34% of them say they are more loyal to the Republican Party.
This web survey was conducted from February 26, 2021 to February 28, 2021 with 1,532 Canadians and 1,002 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,532 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.50%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,002 would have a margin of error of ±3.09%, 19 times out of 20.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND MORE!
- Taking everything you know and have heard into account, how confident are you that the Federal government has a plan to purchase all of the vaccines necessary so those Canadians who want to get vaccinated will get vaccinated by September of this year?
- As the pace of COVID-19 vaccinations increases in Canada, some people have suggested the economic lockdowns, restrictions and curfews should end. At what point in the general population vaccination process would you feel comfortable ending economic/business restrictions, including curfews, closures, occupancy limits, etc.?
- When a vaccine for COVID-19 becomes widely available in Canada / the United States, do you expect the safety measures (wearing face masks in public space, keeping a safe distance from other people in public space, disinfecting hands in shops and restaurants, limiting the number of participants in public gatherings) to remain in place or be discontinued?
- Do you approve or disapprove of the job Joe Biden is doing as president of the United States?
- Do you have stronger loyalty to Donald Trump or to the Republican party?