Do you work in the American lottery, sports betting, casino gambling, online gambling or video/social gaming/eSports sector? Would you like to understand what drives player value post-COVID, respond to changing behaviours and inform your planning decisions?
WE ARE LAUNCHING THE FIRST WAVE OF OUR ANNUAL PLAYER VALUE TRACKING STUDY, INCLUDING AN INDEX AND PLAYER SEGMENTATION BASED ON VALUE
This new study will focus on what factors impact value for players across five key gaming dimensions: lottery, sports betting, casino gambling, online gambling and video/social gaming/eSports. We will derive how the value players get from participating leads to playing behaviours such as frequency and spending.
KEY TOPICS ADDRESSED
Some of the key topics this study will provide insights about include:
- Experiential, attitudinal and behavioral measures for lottery, casino gambling, sports betting, online gambling and video/social gaming/eSports
- The factors that contribute to the value players get from participating across the 5 gaming dimensions, and the importance of each factor
- The changing promotional and advertising landscape related to generating interest and a response in sports betting and other gambling dimensions
- Core consumer behaviours (e.g., payment methods, shopping channels, etc.)
- Social media usage (e.g., platforms and how they are used)
PLAYER VALUE INDEX AND MARKET SEGMENTATION
Using advanced analytics, we will create a customized Player Value Index that represents what drives value in play across the five gaming dimensions and overall, while segmenting players on what drives value for them. Capturing functional, social, monetary and psychological factors, this Index will also enable benchmarking and comparisons between the gaming dimensions to understand differences, similarities and opportunities.
METHODOLOGY AND DELIVERABLES
Over 3,000 Americans aged 16 or older will be surveyed online annually via Leger’s LEO panel. The data will be analyzed by generations: Gen Z, millennials, Gen X and baby boomers, with booster samples available upon request for an additional fee.
Purchasers will receive the Player Value Index, data tables filtered by generation, market segmentation based on the Player Value Index, a comprehensive national report and a 45-minute presentation.
Led by Simon Jaworski, Executive Vice-President, our lottery and gaming team has over 20 years of experience in all types of qualitative and quantitative lottery and gaming studies, including tracking, usage and attitude, segmentation, concept tests, prevalence problem gambling and more. We have conducted research in 16 different countries across 6 continents and have worked with 29 different U.S. state lotteries.