DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
Each week, Leger will publish a survey conducted in partnership with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS), and published in The Canadian Press, to help governments, businesses and citizens better understand the attitudes and behaviours of Canadians in the face of the current health and economic crisis. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
HIGHLIGHTS (June 9, 2020)
Leger’s latest survey about COVID-19, conducted in partnership with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in The Canadian Press, reveals that:
- 68% of Canadians intend to get the COVID-19 vaccine when it is available.
- Two-thirds of Canadians are comfortable with restaurants (68%) and hotels (67%) reopening in their area starting this week, with restrictions.
- Compared to our last Weekly COVID-19 Pandemic Tracker, more Canadians report they wear a mask when grocery shopping (+8%), going to the pharmacy (+7%), and/or working in their office/workplace (+7%).
This web survey was conducted from June 5 to June 7, 2020, with 1,523 Canadians and 1,001 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel.
Using data from the 2016 Census, the results were weighted by gender, age, mother tongue, region, education level and presence of children in the household in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.
For comparison, a probability sample of 1,523 respondents would have a margin of error of ±2.51%, 19 times out of 20, while a probability sample of 1,001 would have a margin of error of +3.1%, 19 times out of 20. The research results presented here are in full compliance with the CRIC Public Opinion Research Standards and Disclosure Requirements.
THIS REPORT CONTAINS THE RESULTS FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, AND MORE! DOWNLOAD IT BELOW FOR THE FULL RESULTS.
- When it becomes available to the population, do you intend to receive the vaccine against COVID-19?
- Some businesses are still closed in certain parts of Canada. Starting this week, would you be comfortable if the following businesses reopened in your area?
- Do you wear a mask to do the following?
- Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, how would you rate your mental health?