On behalf of the National Post, Leger surveyed Canadians about their favourite province or territory and their opinions’ on Alberta and Quebec’s success at changing the status quo from August 19 to August 21, 2022.
SOME OF THE KEY HIGHLIGHTS ABOUT CANADIANS’ FAVOURITE PROVINCE OR TERRITORY INCLUDE…
- The greatest proportion of Canadians (30%) say British Columbia is their favourite province or territory in Canada, apart from their own.
- 51% of Canadians say their favourite province or territory is their favourite because of its geography and/or landscapes.
- The greatest proportion of Canadians (21%) say Quebec is their least favourite province or territory in Canada, apart from their own.
- The top reasons Canadians say their least favourite province or territory is their least favourite is because of the people (26%) and/or because it’s boring (25%).
SOME OF THE KEY HIGHLIGHTS ABOUT CANADIANS’ PERSPECTIVES ON ALBERTA AND QUEBEC’S SUCCESS AT CHANGING THE STATUS QUO INCLUDE…
- Fewer than two-in-ten Canadians strongly feel Alberta or Quebec have been successful in their efforts to change the status quo of Canadian governance.
- 29% of Canadians strongly think Quebec is a threat to national unity, while 16% of Canadians strongly feel Alberta is a threat.
- A web survey was conducted among 1,516 Canadians, 18 years of age or older, via Leger’s online panel, LEO.
- The data was collected from August 19 to August 21, 2022.
- As a non-probability online survey, a margin of error is technically not reported. If the data were collected through a probability sample, the margin of error would be ±2.5%, 19 times out of 20.
- Using data from the 2021 census, the results were weighted according to age, gender and region in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.