Leger recently surveyed Albertans about their perspectives on Danielle Smith, the new premier and UCP leader, and their provincial voting intentions.
SOME OF THE KEY FINDINGS OF OUR SURVEY ON DANIELLE SMITH AND PROVINCIAL VOTING INTENTIONS INCLUDE…
- A near-equal proportion of decided voters would vote for the NDP (44%) or UCP (42%).
- Decided voters in Edmonton are more likely to vote NDP than those outside of Edmonton or Calgary.
- Less than 30% of Albertans agree that Premier Danielle Smith will bring about positive change, and those in Edmonton hold the lowest opinion of the new premier.
- 36% of Albertans believe that Rachel Notley would be the best premier of Alberta, followed by 22% who think Danielle Smith would be the best premier.
- A total of n=1,000 online surveys were conducted among Albertans aged 18 or older via Leger’s LEO panel.
- The survey was conducted from October 7 to 10, 2022, using computer-assisted web interviewing (CAWI) technology.
- Using data from the 2021 Census, results were weighted according to age, gender, and region in order to ensure a representative sample of the population.
- As a non-random internet survey, a margin of error is not reported. If the data were collected through a random sample, the margin of error for a sample size of n=1,000 would be ±3.1%, 19 times out of 20.